Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shaving Cream - Photo a Day, June 29th

Scott was shaving today, and Jonathan got this:


Now, to the casual observer, this is just a kid with shaving cream on his nose and ears. To me, it's a childhood memory.

Scott doesn't remember dates all that well (can never remember if we were married on August 30th or 31st, just that it was near the end of the month; for the record, it was the 31st), but he remembers the really important stuff.

He remembers that I told him how when I was a little girl, my sister and I used to sit in the bathroom and watch my dad shave. He remembers that I told him how my dad used to wash the remnants of shaving cream off his face but ALWAYS left some on his ears. He remembers how I told him that my dad used to pretend my sister and I didn't know what we were talking about when we tried to tell him that there was STILL shaving cream on his ears. He remembers that I told him how my sister and I were practically screaming ourselves hoarse and laughing so hard before my dad would say, "OH! That shaving cream!"

And THAT is why Jonathan came out of the bathroom looking the way he did today. Love that man of mine!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: