Friday, October 3, 2008

YUM YUM Chocolate Chip Cookie Treats

There's a little guy at the bus stop who's name is Michael. He is the most ADORABLE thing on two legs (after my own children, of course) and ALWAYS brings sunshine to my day. I think he's about 2 1/2 or 3, but he talks like he's 5. Such a big vocabulary for such a little boy.

While I am waiting for Jonathan, he waits with his mom to pick up his sister Olivia...and we chat.

The other day, he was telling me about his weekend and I was telling him about mine and about the new cookbook I bought at Word on the Street. I told him that I would be making chocolate chip cookies this week and asked him (while trying to look at his mom at the same time) if he would like some. He was VERY enthusiastic (and mom nodded yes).

On Wednesday, I made chocolate chip cookies. You can find the recipe here at the Pioneer Woman. They are REALLY yummy...though a bit crispy for my taste. Side note: If anyone has a yummy CHEWY chocolate chip cookie recipe, PLEASE send it my way...I've been searching for YEARS!

Yesterday, I made some bag toppers to go on the bags that hold the cookies. The finished packaging looks like this:


I'm going to deliver the cookies to Jonathan's friends today when I pick him up at the bus stop. Of course, I couldn't just make a package for Michael, because I didn't want the other kids to feel left out. So, there's a package for Michael, Olivia, Marco, Jonathan (of course), Michael and Olivia's mom (don't know her name) and Zarita (the boys' godmother).

I stamped the "YUM YUM" in Chocolate Chip (how appropriate - LOL!) on Very Vanilla and punched it out with the small tag punch. I then punched out a piece of Chocolate Chip with the large tag punch and mounted the Very Vanilla tag to it.

The bag topper is a 4 1/4" piece of Buckaroo Blue folded in half to which I added a 4 " X 1 7/8" piece of Winter DSP from the Four Seasons Paper Pack.

I punched a whole through the matted tag set and threaded a piece of "faux" Chocolate Chip ribbon (I say "faux" because the ribbon is from a different source than Stampin' Up, but it matches almost perfectly) through it and then tied it around the folded bag topper.

The chocolate chip cookies were added to the bag and the topper was stapled with two blue staples...and voilĂ ! Treats!

STAMPS: I'll have to check...I don't remember - LOL!
CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Buckaroo Blue
DSP: Winter from the Four Seasons Pack
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Staples, Bags

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: