Thursday, October 2, 2008

*SIGH* That's better!

So this morning, Scott asks me, "Are you going out today honey?" He added "honey" on there, so I KNOW he wants me to do something for him. I tell him, "Yes, I have to go out...I'm going out to the big WalMart (we just got a Super WalMart nearby) to get some cheese. Do you need me to do something for you?"

"Yes, so and so is going on maternity leave and we collected money for a gift card. Can you go to Babies R Us and pick one up?"

"There's $55 here. Should I get a $50 gift card and charge you $5 for making a card?" (only half joking)

"No, we already have a card." (me: insulted!)

So...off I go to run my errands with little man in tow. We hit the library, Babies R Us and the Big WalMart.

Then I had to come home and do SOMETHING. I just couldn't deal with this whole "store bought card" thing. So I came up with this:


I made a gift card holder as well as 6 thank you cards and matching envies that mom can use once the baby is born.

I used the "Sketch an Event" stamp set for the rattle image. It was stamped on Very Vanilla in Buckaroo Blue (I know it looks darker than that in the pic). I then sponged around the Very Vanilla Circles in Buckaroo Blue and mounted them on a circle of Buckaroo Blue.

The gift card holder is a piece of 4 1/4" X 7" of Buckaroo Blue folded to hold the gift card. I used pieces of the Four Seasons DSP to accent the gift card holder.

The envies were custom made to fit the 3" X 3" cards.

STAMPS: Sketch an Event
CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla and Buckaroo Blue
DSP: Four Seasons
INK: Buckaroo Blue
ACCESSORIES: Cream Coloured Twill

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: