Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thank You Gift Set

I so enjoyed making the gift set for Colin's teacher, that I decided to make another!


I used some Imaginisce DP again and paired it with Purely Pomegranate (can you tell that I get REALLY attached to my favourite in Colours?) I love using a full sheet of DP to make an entire set of cards...seems so easy and there are rarely any scraps to deal with - PERFECT!

For this one I used a recipe that I found in the "Joy of Card Making" magazine and added the sentiment at the bottom.

The DP was cut and flipped to make the design on the front of the card. Each of the pieces was sponged with Purely Pomegranate ink before being adhered to the card face.

The Oh So Lovely image was stamped in Purely Pomegranate on Whisper White and was punched out using the 1 3/8" circle punch. It was matted on a scalloped circle that was cut from Purely Pomegranate using Quickutz nested shapes and my Quickutz Revolution.

I tied white sheer ribbon around the top of the card before adhering the image using dimensionals. The sentiment was cut and sponged before adhering it to the bottom of the card. (Note to self: Get word window punch!)

I constructed the box and added a piece of Imaginisce DP to the top. I tied it up with the same sheer ribbon used on the cards.

STAMPS: Oh So Lovely, Stem Silhouettes
PAPER: Imaginisce DP
INK: Purely Pomegranate
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: