Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You have to go back to move forward...

...and that's what I'm going to do to catch you up on my crazy month!

On October the 9th, Colin and Jonathan's school had open house. That's where we get to meet the teachers. I had already met Jonathan's teacher (they usually keep the same teacher for Junior Kindergarten and Senior Kindergarten), so I only had to go in for Colin's teacher.

Miss Hall is just delightful! She's young and full of energy and I can see why Colin likes her. Plus, she likes to chat, so she and I are going to get along GREAT! LOL!

The day after the open house, I sat down to make her a little gift set to thank her for the meeting and to let her know that I looked forward to working with her this year.

My intentions were also a little selfish as I figured if word got around the school then people would know I made these wonderful creations and I could then sell some at the school. My intentions were not ENTIRELY selfish as I donate the profits from selling the cards to the Hospital for Sick Children...so I figured it would be a win-win all the way around.

It's now the 22nd and I STILL haven't delivered the cards, but I'll be doing that today. It's never too late to send a thank you note...right???

Here's the set I made:


The small note is the thank you note that I tucked under the ribbon on the front of the box. I put it into a lined envelope that I learned how to make from Jami who posts on SCS. They are SO cute and SO easy to make!

There are 6 cards inside the box, all the same as the one in the picture. I made the box to fit the cards, by adding 1 1/2" to each side of the card, scoring and folding...if I had more time right now, I'd show you exactly how, but that's out...so will have to wait till there are more hours in the day - LOL!

The stamp on the mini card and the box are Stampin' Up and the stamp I used for the actual cards inside the box is from Penny Black.

I sponged Marigold Morning (and all the other pieces) in Pumpkin Pie (think I had Thanksgiving on the brain? LOL!) and assembled the cards. Ribbon was tied around the card, the sentiment was ticket punched and mounted on Marigold Morning. Brads were added before it was attached to the card using dimensionals.

I'll be back later with some more updates...for now, I'm off to the school to pick up Jonathan and head downtown to shoot some video of him for upcoming Sick Kids TV specials.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: