Friday, September 12, 2008

Don't make these...really, don't.

See these?

Don't make 'em! I found them here at Better Homes and Gardens. I was looking for Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting ideas and got lured into the food and recipes section by the shiny, shiny pictures. Shiny, shiny pictures that kept saying, "click me, click me", so I had to...and then this recipe popped up and said, "You know you want to...c'mon...just go into the kitchen and bake me. It won't take long. See, just look up at the top of the page. See that? Prep time is only 15 minutes. You'll be tasting them in just over a 1/2 hour." So I had to. But you don't...and really...you shouldn't. Because they're evil...and I'm sure they'll go right to your hips...or your thighs...or your behind...or wherever it is you tend to store muffins and such.

However, if you feel that you simply MUST enjoy the deliciousness, here is the recipe. Just don't call me when you need to buy a bigger pair of jeans.

French Breakfast Muffins

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted

Directions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, the 1/2 c. sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
  2. In another bowl beat egg slightly; stir in milk and the 1/3 c. melted butter or margarine. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened (the batter may be lumpy). Lightly grease muffin cups. Fill the cups about 2/3 full with batter. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden.
  3. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl combine the 1/4 c. sugar with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Immediately dip tops of hot muffins in the melted butter or margarine and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.

Make Ahead Tip:

Bake muffins as directed. Cool completely. Place muffins in freezer container or bags and freeze for up to one month. To reheat, wrap frozen muffins in heavy foil. Heat in a 300 degree F over for 15 to 18 minutes.

Oh! And in case you're checking for a flip switch today, I've chosen the many trips we've taken to Disney World because how could you not just seriously be happy there!!! And yesterday, my flip switch was the trip DH and I took to Santa Monica in 2000. All I need to do is close my eyes and I am there.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: