Friday, July 4, 2008

Baking Cupcakes and Taking Names

We had to! (take names that is) The reason for taking names is that everyone had a colour request for their very own personalized cupcakes.

You may remember that a couple weeks ago, we celebrated Canada Day at Cooking School. We made red cupcakes that day. We also bought food colouring in the store after cooking class. Now, the colour we used in cooking class was bakery grade (read: the good stuff) so the cupcakes turned out REALLY red. Today, I just used the food colouring you can buy in the baking aisle at the grocery store.

And this is what we got:


The "yellow" ones are supposed to be lime green. The "peach" ones are supposed to be pink. The "turquoise" ones are supposed to be blue. Those weird looking "grey" ones are actually supposed to be purple. The only one that turned out was the red one and even it looks a little pink. Oh well! It's all edible and the kids are happy and that's all that matters. What are you gonna do when you're using cheap food colouring? I wasn't about to go out and buy the pricey stuff for one batch of cupcakes.

I'm off to frost them now. For the record, I'm not making coordinating frosting. They all get white butter cream.

On the crossword front, I finished another one today. Two days is a row - WOOT! The Saturday crosswords (there are two in the daily paper on Saturdays) are a little more difficult, so I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

On the "pamper me" front, I have a gift certificate for a spa pedicure and manicure and I'm using that tomorrow...can't wait for some pampering - WOOHOO!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: