Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Rock

Ever had a root canal? No? I don't recommend it. Yes? You have my sympathy.

I had a root canal last night...it was a repeat root canal on a tooth that had already been done a few years ago, but had developed an infection. Not fun!

Scott met me at the dentist and sat with me through the ENTIRE procedure, because he knew how much I dreaded it after the last experience.

As I explained it to the dentist, "I have given birth three times, once by c-section, and the root canal was WORSE!"

But he sat there and let me squash his hand whenever I felt pain (and yes, I felt it even with the numbing) and didn't even make a peep...and I KNOW I was squashing pretty hard.

Then, he brought me home, made sure I was comfy, made me some tea and just sat with me. When I decided to go to bed (waited till I could take another ibuprofen tablet), he even came to bed and held me till I fell asleep.

This man makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world...I am SO blessed to be able to call him mine!

No comments: