Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

There's snow...oh my word! Is there EVER lots of snow! About 25 cm, I'd estimate...or 10 inches depending on where you're reading. It's - 20 with the windchill, that's -12 for my American friends. YIKES! They have NOT plowed either of our cross streets and the kids are in bed dreaming of a snow day - LOL!

Scott went out and braved not one but TWO malls today in order to get us a Christmas tree. We were having the real/fake debate and waiting for fakes to come down in price to see what we would do. So, today was the day! Scott hit Square One (the biggest mall in Ontario) and then Erin Mills Town Centre (our other local mall) and came up with this:



Now granted, you can't see the whole tree, but it's pretty good looking. I'm not usually a fan of coloured lights, but this is O.K. It has coloured and white lights and you can switch between both or have them all on at the same time. As a bonus, it's relatively "narrow" near the bottom, so the kids can still get into the playroom to retrieve anything they might need. All in all it's a good thing!

We decorated it a bit this evening with the decorations we had in the condo and we'll get the rest of it done tomorrow when we can get our hands on the other ornaments. We need to get a new tree topper too because the tree is pre-lit and there are lights right up near the top of the tree. I don't think it's a good idea to have the lights inside our Pooh Bear angel, so I'll need to do a search to find something else. I saw a pretty mesh angel the other day when I was out with Jonathan, but can't remember where.

1 comment:

mearybeary said...

ooohhhh I want that Mickey and Minnie...so cute I miss you guys