1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Grated lemon peel from one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup sugar
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy
- Blend in milk
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon peel
- Pour into liquid and stir to moisten
- Pour into greased 9 X 5 inch loaf pan (I used 4 X 8 and it's fine)
- Bake in 350F oven for 50 to 55 minutes
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes
- Remove to rack and while still hot, with a toothpick poke holes all over the top of the loaf and spoon glaze evenly over top.
See that slice there? I'm going to enjoy it with a hot cup of tea!
Thanks for stopping by!