Wednesday, January 13, 2010

POTD - Banana Bread

This is a HUGE favourite in our house...I swear the kids let the bananas turn brown just so I can make it!

I've been making it for YEARS and I use my mom's recipe. I'm not quite sure where she got it (probably from HER mom), but I do know that it's been around for a while!

Would you like the recipe? Of course you would!

Banana Bread

1 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup banana
  • Cream together butter and sugar. Add banana and then eggs one at a time and blend well.
  • Combine dry ingredients and add to banana mixture.
  • Pour into greased loaf pan and let stand 20 minutes.
  • Bake in a 350F oven for 50 - 55 minutes.
Now, trust me on this, do NOT skimp on the bananas! I usually use at least 3 bananas (I never measure) but 4 is best. If you end up with 6 bananas, just double the recipe and make 2 loaves...it freezes beautifully...that's assuming it makes it to the freezer!

ENJOY!

No comments: