Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Been to Alaska?

No? You should seriously visit this place!

DH is here on conference and I got to tag along! How fun is that?

The mountains are just GORGEOUS! Got lots of pics to share when we get home, so brace yourselves. Between the pics and the digi layouts I'll be doing, everyone will start calling this the Alaska Blog - LOL!

We took a walk in downtown Alaska yesterday and were able to get fairly close to the mountains and got some pretty good shots. There is a small airport not far from downtown (we got close to it) from where the "flightseeing" planes take off, so we got some pretty decent pics of those too.

The weather here has been REALLY nice. I think yesterday it was warmer here than it has been in South Western Ontario in the past week or so.

Well, Scott is in conference all day today, so I am going to get my buns in gear and see what kind of trouble I can get up to - LOL!

Gotta wrap my brain around this 4 hour time difference and the fact that the sun doesn't set till after 10 p.m. over here. At this time of year, Alaska is already getting more daylight hours than we do at the summer solstice. At summer solstice here in Alaska, the sun doesn't set at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: